ON YOUR MARK...
- Food prep, storage & inventory
- Kitchen & food safety
- Packaging & merchandizing
- Customer service
- Retail technology
- Merchandising & displays
- Inventory management
- Planning special sales
- Goal setting & relationship building
- Résumé & interview skills
- Financial literacy
- Time management
- Problem solving
ON YOUR MARK!
On Your Mark is a 12-week program that offers job training and workforce readiness to youth ages 16-21 with a Culinary Arts or Retail track.
Experienced culinary and retail professionals will teach the fundamental skills needed to work in a kitchen or retail store.
The Life Skills class will teach the basics for successful workforce readiness.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Youth, ages 16-21. Only those with completed applications will be considered.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
A good attitude and willingness to learn. Attendance is expected!
WHAT DO YOU GAIN?
- Practical job training
- Free ServSafe exam (for culinary students)
- Help finding a job after program completion.
- $75.00 per week stipend (must come to all classes)
- A chance to give back to your community at The Open Door
Or click here to download the printed application.
Download our brochure here.
For more information
Rachel Orie at firstname.lastname@example.org